Date:      Mon, 30 May 2011 12:10:51 +0200
From:      Olaf Seibert <O.Seibert@cs.ru.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS I/O errors

On Mon 30 May 2011 at 11:35:46 +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> How do I identify which files it is listing here?

The nighly 'find' has found the files for me. It is actually a bunch of
directories, that were likely in use when the crash occurred.

They give an "interesting" error when you try to ls them:

find: /tank/vol-fourquid-1/evadh/CLEF-IP11/PARSED_CORPUS/EP/000000/45/97:       Illegal byte sequence

The file system is compressed, that may be the reason it can identify
"illegal byte sequence"s.

It isn't even possible to rm -r the directories, or even to mv them...

(fortunately the standard trick works: move the parent directory
instead, create a new one in its old place, and move the old, good,
contents back).

but now I seem to be left with some directories (elsewhere) that I still
can't remove...