Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:37:24 -0400
From:      Matt Simerson <freebsd@blockads.com>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is natd the right tool?

For starters, I don't use named. Furthermore, it wouldn't matter because
this is for a cluster of load balanced name servers. There is a series
of public interfaces (VIPs) that all of the boxes share. That series of
Virtual addresses is on each real servers loopback interface. However,
since it's on loopback I can't query it directly unless I'm on the box.

So, I'm fishing for a clean way to test each VIP on each server remotely.

Matt