Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:34:05 -0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tulio_Guimar=E3es_da_Silva?= <tuliogs@pgt.mpt.gov.br>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow tar performance on fbsd5

--------------070006030104000000040300

  I must be working too much... I canīt see where I took the DDS-thing
from... O_o Sorry, now I see itīs a disk-only operation. >X(
  Anyway, you could try the dd thing; something like
 # dd if=mysql-m.tgz | tar -zxvf -
  and see if it makes any diference.
  There was a relatively new thread in April/May dealing with poor
read/write results on 5.x branch.. the primary "target" was RAID, but
maybe thereīs a bunch of possible tuneups that may be applied to IDE and
SCSI disks. Have you triedīem?
  Sorry again for the blatant misunderstanding.
Tulio G. Silva