Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 19:52:56 -0200
From:      "Rafael Aquino" <freebsd@bsdserver.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Locale problem after upgrade 5.4 to 6.1

Hello ALL,

I use to set all my systems to pt_BR.ISO8859-1, and everytime
works perfect. The ports that are sensible for locale always uses
the correct language (Apache, Postgresql, etc).

After upgrate from 5.4 to 6.1, I realize that postgresql wasnīt starting
up with rc.d script. Trying to mannualy start it, the message was that
my database couldnīt support LATIN-1 (witch was, before upgrade).

Also the characters that used to work in console (į, ã, ...) donīt work
anymore.

Below is my profile, rc.conf, login.conf and master.passwd:

#rc.conf
keymap="br275.iso.acc"
font8x8="cp437-8x8"
font8x14="cp437-8x14"
font8x16="cp437-8x16"
scrnmap="iso-8859-1_to_cp437"

#Profile
export LC_ALL=pt_BR.ISO8859-1
export LC_TYPE=pt_BR.ISO8859-1
export LC_CTYPE=pt_BR.ISO8859-1
export MM_CHARSET=ISO-8859-1
export USE_LANG=pt_BR.ISO8859-1
export LANG=pt_BR.ISO8859-1

#login.conf
portuguese|Portuguese:\
  :charset=ISO-8859-1:\
  :lang=pt_BR.ISO_8859-1:=
  :tc=default:

#pw usershow root:
root:*:0:0:portuguese:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/usr/local/bin/bash

Before upgrade everything was fine. If I install it using 6.x CD sets also
works fine with these parameters.

Thanks a lot!

--
Rafael Mentz Aquino