Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:18:01 -0400
From:      John Almberg <jalmberg@identry.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   shrinking swap space

Since my server locked me out last week because it was out of swap
space, I've been monitoring the swap space every 4 hours. It started off
with 3% used and little by little it has crept up to 17% this morning.

I've been reading up on the subject in my two FreeBSD books (Absolute
and Complete) but neither give me a hint on how to find the program(s)
that are slowly eating up my swap space.

Is there a utility that shows which programs are using swap space? Or
that can help debug this problem?

Thanks: JOhn