Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:02:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@synet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   email ``reply-to'' question

A friend has a problem replying to my email -- he's the only
one who has mentioned this to me, but perhaps others have
the same problem.  I've looked at the man pages for mail(1),
sendmail(8) and mailaddr(7), but this topic did not seem to
be addressed.

I have a dial-up PPP account with dynamic address assignment.
My ISP is ``synet.net''.  I've got:

  # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
  DMsynet.net

in sendmail.cf, so (I thought) that my outgoing email would identify
the origin of the email as ``imdave@synet.net''.  Indeed, when I send
mail to my account at my ISP (imdave@syenet.net) and then retrieve it,
the headers look like: