Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:16:42 +1000
From:      "Don Hansford" <donh@halenet.com.au>
Subject:   Re: cd-rom won't work, book & web site unhelpful

Connecting CDROMs via the sound card went out with button-up boots!
Unless it is an old 1x or 2x drive with a proprietary interface, try hooking
it into the IDE bus (set it as a slave, first). Otherwise, you have to
enable the sound card before you can enable the CDROM.
Regards
Igor

Difference between computers & air-conditioners?
Not much, neither work well when you open windows!