Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 09:57:17 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   More on IPv6 implementation

Someone is doing this already for NetBSD - below is his message to the
implementor's mailing list.

>From: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
>To: bound@zk3.dec.com
>Cc: ipv6imp@munnari.OZ.AU
>Subject: [IPv6Imp] INRIA IPv6 Status
>Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 15:40:32 +0200

In the style of Digital IPv6 Status:

I can do Level 1 and some higher level testing.
I have some problems with neighbor discovery
but I expect the draft will be rewritten soon.

Platform:  NetBSD "current" 4.4BSD Lite derived Unix
Sun Sparc sun4c (sun4m  and i386* PC planned)

IPv6 Critical Functionality based on Specifications:

   1.  IPv6 BSD Sockets API (running, source routing planned)
   2.  IPv6 DNS Records Server and Resolver (running but not fully tested)
   3.  IPv6 TCP/UDP (running)
   4.  IPv6 Network Layer Basic (running)
   5.  IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (part-running - in process)
   6.  IPv6-IPv4 Transition Sockets/Transport/Tunnels (running)
   7.  IPv6 Stateless Address Configuration (planned)
   8.  IPv6 DHCPv6 Server/Client (planned)
   9.  IPv6 RIPng and OSPFng Router (planned)
  10.  IPv6 RSVP over ATM (in process)
  11.  IPv6 DNSIND Server and Resolver (planned)
  12.  IPv6 Security (not planned because of legal restrictions)
  13.  IPv6-IPv4 Translation (planned, specs needed)

IPv6 Applications:

   1.  telnet and telnetd Basic (running)
   2.  ftp and ftpd Integrated IPv4/IPv6 (running)
   3.  ttcp (running)
   4.  tftp and tftpd Basic (running)
   5.  inetd Basic (running)
   6.  multicast Basic (in process)
   7.  Client/Server Test App (proposal needed, anyone ?)
   8.  (Sun) RPC_ng (planned)

Network Utilities:

   1.  netstat (running)
   2.  tcpdump (running on standard UNIX)
   3.  ifconfig_ng (running)
   4.  arp_ng (running)
   5.  ping_ng (running)
   6.  traceroute_ng (in process)
   7.  route_ng (running)
   8.  DNS Basic (running on standard UNIX)
   9.  DNS IPv6 resolver (running)
  10.  DNS integrated IPv4/IPv6 (planned)
  11.  gated_ng (planned)

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!