Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:48:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Request for patch review

--0-1524932673-961842598=:337

Hello,

As a result of the thread:
   "Re: i4b hangs during boot with ELSA Microlink"

I found a sollution to my problem of an ELSA Microlink PCI ISDN Card
hanging upon boot when an ISDN cable is plugged in and packets come in
before the system comes up.

This patch should be tested by people who:

   a) have an ELSA PCI ISDN Card  (definately!)
   b) have a PCI card that uses IPAC rather than HSCX/ISAC
      (in 'dmesg' something like "isic0: IPAC PSB2115 Version 1.x")
   c) like to take risks or are just curious to test bleeding edge
      patches :)

The patch should actually be harmless (code taken from similar
i4b_isic.c file) and if it has no bad side effects, then I would like
to get it commited to the current i4b tree as soon as possible.

This is patched against i4b-0.83, but patches cleanly against 0.90
too.  If you try this patch (attached) please send me an email with
your results:

   Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>

Thanks go out to Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de> and Martin Husemann
<martin@rumolt.teuto.de> for their help in tracking this down.  I'm so
happy I can boot now!!!  :)

-Paul.

--0-1524932673-961842598=:337
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--0-1524932673-961842598=:337--