Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:21:30 -0500
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lagg questions

Thomas Steen Rasmussen writes:

> Using lagg to bundle two uplinks to two different providers will not work
> as you intend. You need to look into using pf or something similar to
> balance layer 3 traffic across two uplinks. I have had this running at
> home for years with pf, and it works great.

Is this along the lines of what I need?
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html

Address pools can be used in combination with the route-to filter option to
load balance two or more Internet connections when a proper multi-path
routing protocol (like BGP4) is unavailable. By using route-to with a
round-robin address pool, outbound connections can be evenly distributed
among multiple outbound paths