Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:39:42 +0100
From:      Walter Hop <freebsd@walter.transip.nl>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Sun Netra T1 AC200 - practical questions

Thanks Tillman and Harti for the answers!
It sounds good and I will check the machine out. :)

I have one more question - the Netra T1 AC200 has an "Ultra2SCSI 80Mb/s"
controller and place for two disks (standard 18GB). Although I have never
seen SCSI disks fail, I don't know how old these disks are, so I would
rather use new disks.

I googled for disks people were using on the Sun Netra; some id's:
da0: <FUJITSU MAG3182L SUN18G 1111> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: <SEAGATE ST318404LSUN18G 4203> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da0: <IBM DNES30917SUN9.0G SAD0> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device

Everybody seemed to use Sun-branded disks, so I take it FreeBSD will be
fine with the disks that are in the machine. Does anyone know if FreeBSD
also supports regular, non-Sun SCSI disks on the Sun controller?

cheers!
walter