Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:26:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        chuckr@telenix.org
Cc:        gballet@gmail.com, tinguely@casselton.net, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, ticso@cicely.de
Subject:   Re: Pandora

In message: <49E79789.9050508@telenix.org>
            Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org> writes:
:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <49E51C48.1020503@telenix.org>
: >             Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org> writes:
: > Mark Tinguely wrote:

: I've been doing more research & thinking over the last couple days,
: and I am beginning to think that it might be easier, at least at
: first, for me to examine the OpenBSD Arm ports (they have several)
: and see if maybe I can just make what I'm after from that.  My own
: platform is going to be the Pandora, which is very much like the
: BeagleBoard (the ARMv7A, OMAP3530, Cortex-A8, I'm not totally sure
: what the correct name to use here is), so maybe I ought to start
: with that.  I wanted to be honest about that, not get you thinking I
: was pumping you for what info I could get.  FreeBSD probably would
: like any work that gets done to be in a more commonly available arm
: port, like maybe a 6-version?  I'm not after that.

OpenBSD doesn't have support for the newer ARM architectures either.
NetBSD has some in the arm-v6 branch (I don't think it has been merged
yet).

: I don't actually get the delivery of the Pandora for maybe 45 more
: days, so all this time is what it may well take me to gather all the
: info, and decide where the pieces lie that I need to modify.  Being
: that I tend to go a bit slow, this might be a good fit for me
: anyhow.

I think in that time you could make good progress on an armv6 port.

Warner