Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:38:31 +0200
From:      Saad KADHI <obsidian@cybercable.fr>
To:        FreeBSD Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw: /kernel invalid state and slower connections

Hi there,

I set up a FreeBSD 4.0 release box as a test machine w/ ipfw rules.
During an FTP transfer, I receive exactly 27560 bytes of data @ my
normal bandwith rate (that is 150kbps approx) after which I start
getting the following messages:
/kernel: invalid state: 0x1
/kernel: invalid state: 0x0

and at the same time, my connection speed drops to a poor 5kbps !
Apparently there are more 0x1 messages than 0x0. I double-checked my
ipfw rules and I don't have any IP rule with keep-state: only TCP
(following an archived posting on the FreeBSD site, IP rules w/
keep-state can cause this).

It seems that I am not the only one who have this kind of pb (found two
other messages on FreeBSD site but no solution).

I went thru the FAQs but I didn't get any single hint.
Thanks in advance for any help you might provide me w/.

--
Saad KADHI -- Security Consultant