Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 14:59:45 -0400
From:      "Craig .regexp. Struble" <cstruble@quirk.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weirdnesses with serial ports and lpd

These are actually two separate problems. First, I've noticed that
whatever serial ports that FreeBSD touches become unavailable to my
BIOS whenever I reboot. I have Award BIOS on an OPTI based P60
motherboard. I have no clue why this is happening, and I was wondering
if anyone else sees this problem.

The other problem has to do with lpd. It core dumps if I run lpr from
within an XEmacs 19.12 command shell. It runs fine within an
xterm. Anyone else seen this?
	See ya later,
		Craig
--
Craig Struble - Grad Student, Consultant, |
Student ACM Co-President, Virginia Tech   | The space reserved for more