Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 18:31:51 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Richard Stallman came to town

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 12:12:17AM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:

> 	He's quite precise:
>
> The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
> making modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source
> code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any
> associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
> control compilation and installation of the executable.  However, as a
> special exception, the source code distributed need not include
> anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary
> form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the
> operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component
> itself accompanies the executable.

Where is the version control tree for Emacs, then?  That's *my*
preferred form for making modifications.  Arguments about the need to
check out a source code version will be met with arguments about the
need to load up code in an editor for me to edit it, and if necessary
an extension to a relevant editor that let me load it up directly from
the repository :-)

Eivind.