Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rich Payne <rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Alpha List <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Daniel J. Frasnelli" <dfrasnel@csee.wvu.edu>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > > The EBSDK is available from Compaq (1-800-Digital) for $79, the license of
> > > that seems to be fairly liberal (even BSD like I've been told). This
> > > includes the PAL code and documentation, between this and the sources to
> > > MILO
> > > you should be able to construct you're own boot loader (so I've been
> > > told).
> >
> > EBSDK?  I'm afraid I don't know the term - is this a fancier name for
>
> Evaluation Board SDK. Old version of MILO I believe.  But isn't this only
> for the SRM?

SRM yes, but it also includes docs on EV5 (V3.1) and EV6 (V4.0) plus PAL
code and assembler samples that can be re-used. Again, I've been told that
between the info in that kit and the current MILO sources you could figure
everything out to make your own bootloader, (I know that it isn't all that
easy, but it's a start).

regards,
rdp

Rich Payne