Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        rsidd@online.fr
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability

--------------Boundary-00=_5S1AY293LIFNTT4D7TH0

>> Michael, Doug, any word on the status of this?  Have the OpenSSH
>> developers been notified of this?
>
> Reading the rest of that mail, I get the impression it was some
> sort of dumb joke/rhetorical statement, he didn't really have an
> exploit...

Yes, I thought it was sarcastic enough that everyone would take it as
that. As a result of something I saw this AM I believe it would be a
great idea to upgrade immediately. There is an exploit out in the
wild and it's been demonstrated to me. I've been spending all day
frantically upgrading all of our machines. Will probably be up long
into the night ensuring everything is up and working.

-Michael