Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:37:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alec Kloss <alec@d2si.com>
To:        keet@mordor.plig.net (Christiaan Keet)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rxvt & utmp

Christiaan Keet said:
> Hi Alec,
> have you ever had any luck getting rxvt writing to utmp?
>
> I saw your post to the freebsd mailing lists with no reply...
>
> Thanks
> Christiaan
>
> --
> Christiaan Keet                         Like a puppet...
> keet@plig.net                           on a string.
> +44 171 831 1666                        o-------------------O<-<

Why yes I have managed to get rxvt to write changes into the utmp file.
It's not exactly beautiful (I did it in a hurry) but I'll try to put
together diff's on the source code.

Also, would anyone out there like to review the changes for potential
security problems?  I'm not about to make guarantees.