Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 1995 18:01:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      DAN WELCH <WELCHDW@wofford.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        WELCHDW@wofford.edu
Subject:   rc0

I am trying bring up a RISCom/8 board under FreeBSD 2.0.5
I placed a single device stmt for rc0 into my kernel config file
(copied from LINT) along with the multiport option statement.
The compile went fine and boot up shows rc0 found with 8 channels.

I used MAKEDEV to create ttym0-ttym7 and placed lines into /etc/ttys
that are identical to those for ttyd0 except for ttyd?-ttym?

Have I missed something?  My system freezes up (requires cold boot) when
I attach a vt100. My vt100 manual shows a pinout exactly like that of
the RISCom (except that CTS is missing on pin 5 of the vt100 ??) so I
inserted a null modem. That's when the system freezes.

I'm down to playing with wires. It'd be nice to be sure that I haven't
merely forgotten some software move. I noted that ps -ax shows 'I' status on the
two ports (of 8) that I turned "on" in /etc/ttys whereas the other inactive
ports (ttyd0 and ttyd1) that work fine show 'Is' as their state. Suggestions?