Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 1998 02:19:49 +1300
From:      andrew@squiz.co.nz (Andrew McNaughton)
To:        Adept <adept@www.cep.yale.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

>Excuse me for the interruption but for two weeks now I've been trying to
>get off this mailing list.
>
>I've sent mail to majordomo, I've sent mail to freebsd-mobile-request,
>I've sent mail to every human address that I could find, asking to be
>taken off the list but no one answerse me.
>
>What does it take to get taken off this mailing list?  I'd like to
>unsubscribe adept@cep.yale.edu which is not identical to the address that
>sendmail currently slaps on my outgoing mails.  Since I don't control the
>machine I can't change that.
>
>Please will the person who runs this list take me off the list.
>
>Thank you--much obliged.
>
>Ben.

Sure you can change that.  simply telnet to port 25 of whichever smtp
server seems convenient.  If your mail server causes problems, send your
mail via a different server.

eg hil-img-ims-5.compuserve.com

(I recieved some junk mail through here recently, so I know it accepts mail
forwarding requests.)

On inspection, so does hub.freebsd.org.  Hmmm.

>220 hub.freebsd.org ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.8/8.8.8; Fri, 6 Feb 1998 05:12:07
>-0800 (
>PST)
>HELO a.mcn.actrix.gen.nz
>250 hub.freebsd.org Hello [203.96.56.128], pleased to meet you
>MAIL FROM: andrew@squiz.co.nz
>250 andrew@squiz.co.nz... Sender ok
>RCPT TO:majordomo@FreeBSD.org
>250 majordomo@FreeBSD.org... Recipient ok
>DATA
>354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>unsubscribe freebsd-isp
>.
>250 FAA05559 Message accepted for delivery
>MAIL FROM: andrew@squiz.co.nz
>250 andrew@squiz.co.nz... Sender ok
>RCPT TO:andrew@squiz.co.nz
>250 andrew@squiz.co.nz... Recipient ok
>DATA
>354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>test
>.
>250 FAA05881 Message accepted for delivery

Both of these worked.

a.mcn.actrix.gen.nz does not correspond to my current IP either, although
it is in the same B class network.

Andrew McNaughton

 The effort to understand the universe is       Andrew McNaughton
 one of the very few things that lifts            ++64 4 389 6891
 human life above the level of farce,          andrew@squiz.co.nz
 and gives it some of the grace            http://www.squiz.co.nz
 of tragedy  -  Steven Weinberg         http://www.newsroom.co.nz