Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 16:47:28 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@adam.com.au>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEVASTATION, help :(

On Sun, 18 May 2003 01:37 am, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I really need help...
> Don't ask me how, but I deleted some very very personnal and
> important files under a mount point.
> I immediately umount the partition, but everything is lost :(
> Is there ANY way I could get the files back.

Know the problem!  :-(
I'm just waiting for my finance manager (read "wife") to approve a new=20
LARGE HD so I can do some recovery work.
Try:
http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/recover-files-after-rm/index.shtml
 ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/sysadm/recover.tar.Z
also search for Archive-Name: auto/comp.unix.admin/File-recovery-program

And also search for the Autopsy Forensic Browser.

One or the other of these should help!  :-)

--=20
Regards,
Brian