Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:23:13 +0100
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        Scott Ullrich <sullrich@CRE8.COM>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, 'Archie Cobbs' <archie@dellroad.org>, "'greg.panula@dolaninformation.com'" <greg.panula@dolaninformation.com>, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec packets seen on wrong interface by ipfw (was Re: IPsec/ gif VPN tunnel packets on wrong NIC in ipfw?)

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:15:53PM -0500, Scott Ullrich wrote:
> Thanks for everyone's help with this.  My problem was that I was using
> tunnel instead of transport mode.
>
> Thanks again to Archie and Guido for their help with this!

You're welcome. I still have to think what is best to do in tunnel mode.

I think having either esp0 as a catch all device, or having a pseudo-interface
per physical interface (e.g. fxp_esp<n> for fxp<n>) is the solution, where
I'd vote for the second one. Reason for that vote: i you only can
filter on esp0 you cant retrieve the original interface and you
might end up having to allow spoofed packets in.

-Guido