Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2018 08:43:32 +0200
From:      Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
To:        marklmi@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>
Subject:   Re: MACCHIATObin

sob., 18 sie 2018 o 01:10 Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com> napisa=C5=82(a):

> On Aug 17, 2018, at 5:42 PM, Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@fr=
eebsd.org> wrote:

> > Marcin Wojtas mw at semihalf.com wrote on
> > Fri May 11 07:55:40 UTC 2018 :
> >
> >> Short status of the support - last year we enabled most of the
> >> platform functionalities (core support, USB, AHCI, RTC). Three big
> >> items remained left:
> >> - PCIE root complex (this should work soon with the work done for
> >> another SoC, not merged yet)
> >> - Network PPv2
> >> - Xenon SD/MMC controller
> >

> > I noticed a check in that deals with that "Xenon"
> > SD/MMC controller:
> >
> > Author: loos
> > Date: Tue Aug 14 16:33:30 2018
> > New Revision: 337772
> >

> > Log:
> >  Add support to the Marvell Xenon SDHCI controller.
> >
> >  Tested on Espresso.bin (37x0) and Macchiato.bin (8k) with SD cards and
> >  eMMCs.
> >
> >  Obtained from:       pfSense
> >  Sponsored by:        Rubicon Communications, LLC (Netgate)
> >
> > Added:
> >  head/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci_xenon.c   (contents, props changed)
> >  head/sys/dev/sdhci/sdhci_xenon.h   (contents, props changed)
> > Modified:
> >  head/sys/arm64/conf/GENERIC
> >  head/sys/conf/files.arm64
> > . . .
> >
> > But I've not noticed check-ins for the other of the "big
> > items" going by. (Though they may have.)
> >
> > Care to comment-on/update-the actual status for the
> > Macchiato.bin(s)?
>

> tl;dr: It=E2=80=99s not =E2=80=98there=E2=80=99 yet.
>
> Specifics:
>
> - loos@ has done a lot of work to get the espresso.bin working, and some =
of this carries over to the 8k/7k.
> - We have another internal developer working on an EIP-97 driver for cryp=
to offload.  This should be a foundation for the EIP-197 in the 8K.
> - I know manu@is working on pin controllers and clocks specific to Machia=
tto.bin (80x0/70x0).
> - Getting the NICs, PCIe, etc working still remains to be done.

About the latter - the NIC is pretty complex, however we (Semihalf)
have really huge experience with all its support implementations and
the platform itself. I'll put it straightforward - it's only a matter
of development funding, if it's guaranteed, we will do it with
pleasure :) As well as the NIC support (DW Synopsys driver for DT and
verify/improve on pcie-host-generic with ACPI).

Best regards,
Marcin