Date:      Thu, 4 May 2006 10:20:59 +0200
From:      Rutger Bevaart <rutger.bevaart@illian-networks.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em(4) device still 'freezes' on latset CVSup'd 6.x ...

Technically it's not routes that are not being updated, but a stale
(outdated) ARP cache on the other hosts. The system with the new
alias'ed IP needs to do a gratuitous ARP (broadcast ARP for it's own
IP). As an intermediate solution you could flush the ARP cache on the
hosts with stale cache (usually a router or L3 switch on the subnet).
Sounds like a bug in the em driver. Anybody do sniffing to see if it
does send out ARPs? If not I can test on one of our Dell 2850's with
em's.

Regards,
Rutger Bevaart