Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:27:23 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn - but smaller?

Hi folks,

thank you for all the answers and fruitful discussion.

Special thanks goes to Chris Rees for coming up with the
subversion-static ports quite fast, so now we're hoping for package
building to kick in here - but that is a quick and very useful way after
setting up a fresh machine (specifically if it's not within the bounds
of your own infrastructure)!

Also I'd like to mention John Mehr, who's work on a "lightweight,
dependency-free, BSD licensed program to pull source using the svn
protocol" (couldn't say it better, so I use his words :-)). Hope this
will make it into ports soon and in the long run even to base!

Thanx again,

		Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller          http://sysadm.in/         ob@sysadm.in |
|                        Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe. |