Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:35:20 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
Cc:        Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail refusing periodic script output

jtm63> No, but I will. Is there a way to do this in the .mc file? I want to
jtm63> keep all configuration changes in the poper .mc file so nothing gets
jtm63> clobbered during upgrades.

root isn't exposed by default as of 8.12.  Perhaps you are using
DOMAIN(generic) which adds that command.  If so, remove DOMAIN(generic)
from your .mc file after looking at the other changes it makes and deciding
which you want in your .mc file.  See /usr/share/sendmail/cf/domain/generic.m4.