Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:09:47 -0500
From:      Kaluza-k <Kaluza-k@swbell.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recompiling error

Hello everyone,

I sent an email a couple days back asking how to reompile my kernal adn set up my bsd machine to be a gateway.
Well i got a wonderful response which told me everything i need to do...(thanks Dan);However, now, after recompiling and trying to
reboot. I get this error message....

"panic pmap_bootstrap: No local apic!
mp_lock 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000
automatic reboot in 15 seconds, hit a key on console to abort"

so then i hit a key and it tells me to hit another key to resume reboot...

HELP, i have no idea what the problem is or how to remedy it.

Kaluza-k