Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:23:06 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: frustrated and furious

Darrell Brown wrote:
>I'm having a difficult time loading the distribution files over ftp.
>Everytime I try and download the files, I receive 'unable to resolve
>ftp.freebsd.org' Then it asks me to make sure my gateway, name server =
and IP
>address is correct, which my ISP confirmed. can you please help me???

'unable to resolve' sounds like a DNS problem.  Can you ping the IPv4
address your ISP gave you for your name server?  If you're more =
comfortable
using the ftp client from some other OS, you could fetch the compressed
blocks of the binary distribution /bin.aa etc. using that, and then =
install
from (say) a FAT16 file system.  Could be less frustrating. ;)

John.