Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:43:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loss of credibility for CNN

Okay, if I had any lingering doubts remaining about the integrity of CNN,
they've now vanished out the window..

CNN sponsored a "live chat" with Bill Clinton yesterday on an IRC
server..they were having problems with the server load, and someone
managed to grab President_Clinton's /nick and post the response
"Personally, i would like to see more porn on the Internet. Wolf, how
about you? Are you all for more porn on the Internet?"

But does a single word of this make it to cnn.com? Not that I can see -
their reports on the interview just talk about how wonderful it was.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/02/14/clinton.cnn/index.html

http://cnn.com/2000/US/02/14/clinton.transcript/

They didn't even try and put a positive spin on the security breach - it
just never happened. Shame..

http://www.boredom.org/cnn/

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson