Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:11:04 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: crochet build fails at ubldr Wandboard-Dual
References:  <CAFuo_fy5tPjQDbtuSwcBEt4UMuu2tv8zRLLwBrpZPUGcyEMKEA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuo_fx6Ztb2Rn8dPmZ3HBJniChvkZX54qmF_oaA87LJeHCFFQ@mail.gmail.com> <1429456908.1182.82.camel@freebsd.org> <CAFuo_fzHtCF6F%2B%2BUGqSdhzvbkTjxRtoT8sXFKV%2BCr4UpsGmymQ@mail.gmail.com> <1429458041.1182.86.camel@freebsd.org> <1CA4192E-F6B5-4BD8-8BF8-8F725E1EC7BA@kientzle.com> <CAFuo_fx-uqfThQhutvZugAK16HjY2sxtegRcGydkLu0Si_h6uQ@mail.gmail.com>

IRC.

> > Crochet does use the standard build machinery; the only significant =
difference is that it builds ubldr separately after a successful =
buildworld.  ...
>=20
> So maybe its truly a documentation issue since everyone is convinced =
crochet is correct. I didnt see that mentioned in the docs.
>=20

You=E2=80=99ve certainly encountered a problem but I don=E2=80=99t yet =
have enough information to say anything more.  Certainly, Ian is right =
that you should not have to set LIBSTAND to make this work.

Unfortunately, it will be at least a few days before I have a chance to =
try reproducing what you=E2=80=99re seeing.  If you can reproduce it =
consistently, please let me know; I could work up some patches based on =
Ian=E2=80=99s suggestions and you could try them to see if they change =
anything.

Another things to try:  blow away Crochet=E2=80=99s work directory =
before you next rebuild.  In particular, that will ensure that your =
world build and ubldr build are consistent with each other.

Let us know if you find anything else,

Tim