Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 02:32:25 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        j_oka@yk.rim.or.jp
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS PnP + 960801-SNAP

#define quoting(Jun-ichi Okamura)
//
//   Hi!
//
// > Hey all,
// >
// > 	I'm using Amancio's GUS PnP Pro stuff form rah with
// > 960801-SNAP.  It works, excpet for the following:
// >
// >   1) Most times when I interrupt (^C) an MPEG playing with maplay, the
// >      system reboots spontaneously.  (Okay, so I won't interrupt
// >      playing mpegs. ;-)
// >
// >   2) The system also soetimes reboots when playing midi files.  The
// >      last time this happened, it hung on one note for about 10 seconds,
// >      then the system reset itself.
// >
// > Has anyone else seen problems like this?  I'm using a ASUS Triton
// > motherboard, PCI everything excpet for th GUS plug and pray.
// > Aside from that, it works like a charm.
//
//   I'm also use Amancio"s kit for 2.1.5 with my 2.1R.  In my case, I
// have no experience system hang regarded as sound driver, while I'v
// been play RealAudio player "raplayer" with "Netscape".
//
//   But! but but...
//
//   I can not sound out MIDI data with this driver to GUS.
//
//   "playmidi -g midifile" is take few CPU time but NO SOUND.

Well, my playmidi experience was:  I can play midi files, but the
volume is set to "not naudible".  Unfortunatly, I can't change it with
xmix.

Try putting your amplifier the *louder* possible.  If you don't have
an amplifier, no chance.

This is strange, but it's what I got.  I use DOS when I want to hear
MID files.

//
//   "xplaymidi -g midifile" is seem to be normal operaton, GUI show midi
// part track data, without SOUND.
//
//   Systems config:
//