Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:41:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 430TX ?

> Is the 430TX chipset recognised/supported yet ?

Is this a PCI chipset?

PCI chipsets are configured at BIOS POST time.

You do not need chipset specific drivers.

The SMP stuff wants chipset specific drivers because it wants to count
bridges on machines with broken MP-tables in ROM/RAM/FLASH counts of
the number of PCI bridges (so far: one motherboard vendor).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.