Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:53:00 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, larry_nilsen wrote:

[snip..]
> One thing i just thought of is my mouse is also on cuua0 and so is
> my modem which was detected on sio0 my windows 95 side of this
> computer says my modem is on port COMPRO Comport (COM3)

If your modem and mouse are on the same comport, that's probably what
your problem is.  Try the following files..

# start ppp.conf
#
default:
 set log Phase Chat Connect LCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa2
 set speed 57600
 deny lqr
 disable lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
eee:
 set phone 1234567
 set login
 set authname your_dialup_username
 set authkey your_dialup_password
 set timeout 0
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR
 enable dns
#
# end ppp.conf

# start ppp.linkup
#
eee:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR
#
# end ppp.linkup

I didn't wrap the set dial line to make it easier to figure out where
the spaces go.

Hope this helps,

--
: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	: