Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:52:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help from samba/linux users

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:28:28AM +0000, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > This may sound like quite a silly request, but it's serious.  I'm trying
> > to figure out what's going wrong with samba 2.2.2 on freebsd, and I need
> > some debug from samba 2.2.2 on a linux box for comparison.  If you happen
> > to have a linux box available to you, please do the following:
> >
> What's strange about this problem, is I cannot reproduce it that
> often on my FreeBSD system, but others can reproduce it very easily.
>
> --
> David W. Chapman Jr.

That's another important point.  I can reproduce the problem repeatedly,
but I just have one testcase.  If you can repeat the samba 2.2.2 hanging
problem on your setup repeatedly, please contact David and I.  Perhaps we
can figure out the common thread which is causing problems.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack