Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:10:13 -0500
From:      Gabor Kincses <gabor@acm.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP chap problem

I have tried to make chap work, but no go.  I have used pap and no
authentication for over 6 months now, but chap doesn't seem to work.

I always get
LCP:  SendConfigRej(Req-Sent)
 AUTHPROTO proto = c223

which means that my side rejects chap authentication.
Even though I added enable chap, accept chap.

I also tried to disable chap and only accept chap, but that didn't work
either.  I also tried accept pap in which case the SendConfigRej became
a SendConfigNak with c023 suggested to the peer.

I got the same results under 2.1.5 and 2.2.2.

Any help is really appreciated.

BTW, I have to use term so that I can enter an SNK response before going
into packet mode.  I don't think that should matter.

--
Gabor Kincses
(gabor@acm.org)