Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:47:34 +1100
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Thread scheduler

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 01:41:09AM -0600, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Why do we even care?  When was the last time wine was good for
> anything besideds barely being able to run solitare on FreeBSD
> anyhow?

I know that this is a long dead thread, but I'm on holidays now,
and have time to catch up with the FreeBSD lists...

Wine is actually very useful (to me) and has been for several
years.  I run two applications under it that there aren't other
alternatives for (besides firing up a windows box):

It runs the Motorola DSP assembler, tools and simulator
beautifully.  A simple shell wrapper makes asm56300 work better
under Berkeley make under gvim or xemacs than it probably ever
has under windows.

It runs (mostly) the Lotus Notes client (there seem to be some
thread-related hangs, and don't hit an HTTP link, because it
will go looking for internet explorer).

They're important for me.

Word documents I care much less about, and StarOffice and
AbiWord both deal with, with varying degrees of success.

--
Andrew