Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 07:37:11 -0500
From:      "Mark A. Schwenk" <mas@wellthot.com>
To:        Jos Backus <jos@oce.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO Unix 3.2.2 Binary Support (IBCS2 Emulation) - What am I missing?

At 01:27 PM 9/23/97 +0200, Jos Backus wrote:

>    Hi Mark,
>
>In message <3.0.3.32.19970922234617.0098c8d0@net1.wellthot.com> you wrote:
>>/compat/ibcs2/shlib:
>
>Try populating this directory with the files residing in SCO's /shlib. I run
>Progress 7.3 that way, works fine :-)
>
>Groetjes,
>Jos
>--
>Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/                        CIM-ISGA/IS
>                          _/  _/   _/              Oce-Technologies B.V.
>                         _/  _/_/_/               Venlo, The Netherlands
>                    _/  _/  _/    _/
>jos@oce.nl           _/_/  _/_/_/            #include <std/disclaimer.h>

Copying the /shlib files to /compat/ibcs2/shlib solved my problem! The
80386 COFF executables now run.

Now I advance to the next problem and find that I have a file with type:
Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented word-swapped V2.3 V3.0 386 sma
ll model executable

When I try to run this, I get a message
Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Is there a way to convert the binary file format into something more
appropriate that the emulator can handle?

Thanks!