Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@freedom.cybertouch.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange problem with majordomo

Hello,
I have had majordomo running for almost 2 years, headache free. Today I
noticed that when sending to one of the lists on my server, it came back
with an error I had never seen. The error is as follows:

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
ops-outgoing
:include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/ops
    (expanded from: ops-outgoing)

550 :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/ops... Cannot open
/usr/local/majordomo/lists/ops: Group writable directory Message delivered
to mailing list ops-outgoing 554 ops-outgoing... aliasing/forwarding loop
broken

The thing is I had not changed, majordomo, its dir permissions, added any
new lists, change sendmail, or modify /etc/aliases or
/etc/aliases.majordomo. But when this problem kept coming, i did rm -rf
/usr/local/majordomo, /etc/aliases.majordomo and then proceeded to make a
new majordomo (same version 1.94.4). I added in 1 list and put the aliases
in /etc/aliases.majordomo which look like this:
looks like this:

owner-ops:lnb
owner-ops-outgoing:owner-ops
ops-approval:owner-ops

ops: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l ops -h
freedom.cybertouch.org ops-outgoing"
ops-outgoing::include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/ops

ops-request: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l ops"

I do not know what or where this broken aliasing/forwarding loop is.  The
ops: line is really one long line. Just that the cut and past shorten it.

My directory structure is the way it is supposed to be from what the
sendmail page shows. I can mail majordomo@cybertouch.org, get a list of
lists. Subscribe to a list. But cannot send mail to the subscribed list.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks for your help,

Lanny