Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:57:52 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new linux infrastructure ports are committed

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:52:40 +0200 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:34:42 +0400):

> > The above mentioned infrasrtucture allows using different linux
> > base ports and non-base infrastructure ports. Users should define
> > at their /etc/make.conf two variables: OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT
> > and OVERRIDE_LINUX_NON_BASE_PORTS. The valid value for the latter
> > is "f8".

> Why do we distinguish between BASE_PORT and NON_BASE_PORTS?

We distingush them now and I'd rather keep this useful feature.

The main question for me was how to do it. Say, we have
OVERRIDE_LINUX (which implies both base and non-base ports).
How can we name a variable to override OVERRIDE_LINUX? ;-)

At last I desided that OVERRIDE_LINUX_NON_BASE_PORTS is more
intuitive and doesn't ruin current status-quo.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve