Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:43:40 -0600
From:      Mike Porter <mupi@mknet.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 RC2 - Monday August 27 (was Re: freeze)

On Thursday 23 August 2001 02:45 pm, Murray Stokely, or somone very much like
Murray Stokely, wrote:

>   RC2 will not be held up any longer for GNOME and KDE, although we
> will certainly do our best to include both.  There are plenty of other
> things that need testing (see freebsd-qa@ for more information).

I built the complete kde2 metaport under RC1 with no trouble.  I did wind up
having to start from a clean system and install from scratch first, but I
needed to do that anyway to properly get Xfree 4 installed (portupgrade
doesn't handle mixed ports/packages very well <(};, and having installed
Xfree86 3.3.6  with sysinstall, and 4.02 with the binary packages from
Xfree86.org, my system was a mess of incorrect dependencies.    Starting over
from scratch worked great, and let me repartion my disks in a more sensible
fashion than what I originally used....

mike