Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 14:55:20 -0700
From:      "Rev. Joe Doyle" <doyle@nebcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux Netscape Navigator 4.77 can't resolve hosts

	After mucking about with the Linux compat libraries in a futile
attempt to get Maya working, I found that Netscape Navigator would no
longer resolve hosts.  In an attempt to fix this, I have done the
following, all to no avail:

rebuilt world and kernel (after cvsup'ing to 4.3-stable)
pkg_delete Navigator and linux_base-6.1
upgrade ports
reinstall linux-netscape-navigator-4.77 from ports (which also reinstalled
  linux_base

	Has anyone either seen this before and worked around it, or have
the knowledge about Navigator's resolver needed to un-f**k this?  I've got
a ktrace -d of it, but alas, the kdump is 217k lines long, and thus not
easily amenable (to me, at least) to efficient perusal.  Thanks in
advance for any help.

-Joe