Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:24:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@whiteshadow.dyn.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Making a port for GnuPG

Hi everybody!

I am creating a port of GNUpg-0.4.1 for FreeBSD. (is there one already?)
GNUpg is a free replacement for pgp. I tried to submit the port using
send-pr, but I got the following reply:

send-pr: could not read /etc/gnats/freefall for categories list.

In fact, my /etc/gnats directory is empty. I recently crashed my / , and
lost all files in it, due to a non-backup policy. (in fact, it is more
like a no space left policy...:)) Anyways, I need the files in
/etc/gnats... I tried to re-make the world recently, and everything went
smoothly, but I periodically find some missing files on my system. How
come "make world" cannot remake those, or check if they're there? (I was
also missing my /etc/sendmail.cf file...)

So I would wish to send my port for GNUpg, even if it's a beta... I found
that PGP integration to mail systems in FreeBSD was not so good, if you
are using Pine-like mail readers. So I'm planning on making a port of
pgp4pine...

Thanks for any comment...

Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/