Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:02:04 +0200
From:      Nikolaos Nikou <Nikolaos.Nikou@lmf.ericsson.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   questions ;-)

We are planning to setup a leased line for our office.
I have read the book that comes with the FreeBSD and the book building
Internet Firewalls.

My problem is that I want to setup email and www services for our people
who are traveling abroad.

Is there any standard application for doing this.
I have been told that sendmail cannot do this.
From what I understand the SMTP email server doesnot support
authedication for users when they are sending email.

I was thinking maybe to use some kind of web based email with SSL but
then I do not know if there is any such feature in FreeBSD and if we can
also send attachments in our emails.

What we are thinking to do is:

ISP <-> Router <-> Bastion host <-> Router <-> intranet.
 The Bastion host will provide email, www, ftp

I am sure that there a lot of networks that already doing what we want
to build.
I would appreciate any help!

thank you
nikos