Date:      Mon, 17 May 2010 15:01:54 +0000
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        stable-list freebsd <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: if_wpi is all kinds of broken

On 01/-10/63 19:59, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> The if_wpi driver is all kinds of broken. The reported problems

I have had trouble with all Intel drivers, ipw, iwi, wpi, and iwn. (As
an exception, recently, iwn was very stable on 8-STABLE.) For most
notebooks, I bought Atheros based MiniPCI(e) cards and everything was fine.

> Where do I have to put my cash to make somebody fix this?

5 to 10 Euros on Ebay including shipping. Initially, I was hesitant,
too, because I wanted the hardware I already got to work, but eventually
I decided that it is not worse it. ath simply works. (I have had wi,
ral, ural, rum, and zyd, too. Over the years, nothing was as
unproblematic as ath.)

For most notebooks, the wireless MiniPCI(e) card is very easy to replace.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik