Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 02:02:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-ROM with magazine

It seems I am getting further with convincing a Dutch PC-magazine that
it is a great idea to put FreeBSD on the CD-ROM that comes with the
magazine.

To avoid disappointments I am looking for three things:

1. Info about the expected date for the release of 4.2. It would look
very silly if the magazine came out with 4.1 and 4.2 is there a week
later (or earlier...)

2. Examples of CD-ROM's other than the 'official' one. That is a full
CD. They won't give me that, I think. Examples of a 'distro'
(sorry) of 300 MB would be great.Are there any?

3. Would it look very bad to leave out most of src from the CD? Say
only include src/sys material? But then sysinstall would have to be
tweaked, right?

Thx!

--
Marc Schneiders --- marc@venster.nl --- marc@schneiders.org

FreeBSD unclad.freebeastie.org 5.0-CURRENT (SMP)
NetBSD vax.freebeastie.org 1.4Y