Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:29:36 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dima <_pppp@mail.ru>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Darren Pilgrim <darren.pilgrim@bitfreak.org>
Subject:   Re: New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers [regression!]

--nextPart1993735.AngDvI1yAc

On Monday 10 April 2006 14:32, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> max> Updated version here:
> max> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/20060409.both_nofw.tgz

Latest version:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/20060418.both_nofw.tgz

Thanks to Sam, this should work in IBSS (adhoc) mode now.

> It seems working fine, again.  Thank you!
> I forgot to mention one problem which I didn't see with stock iwi
> driver on RELENG_6:
>
> 	iwi0: unknown notification type 40 flags 0xa0 len 40

This seems to be harmless and I will turn it off before commit.  The Linux=
=20
driver doesn't have any name for that notification type either, so I have n=
o=20
idea what it is supposed to mean.  It might be related to WMA as I only get=
=20
it with WMA enabled, but that's about it.  For now the message stays to=20
identify other (possibly required) notification types that might be seen.

> Why don't you commit it into HEAD, yet? :)

Will do that after this *LAST* iteration of testing.  Please test now - you=
=20
have been warned.

One thing I just discovered is, that "sysctl dev.iwi.0.antenna=3D0" instead=
 of=20
the current default of 2 improves scanning performance a lot.  If you have=
=20
trouble to find your AP (esp. 11a ones) please try setting it to 0 and let =
me=20
know.  Linux now has 0 as default so this might be the save thing to do.

=2D-=20