Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2019 21:07:33 +0300
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: recreate FreeBSD 12 ARM image

>=20
> You don't say how you obtained your installation image in the first =
place. I have found the "crochet" tool is quite good. =
(https://github.com/freebsd/crochet)

ahh. Sorry. For example, I am using the RELEASE version of FreeBSD 12
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/12.0/ =
<https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/12.0/>=

Im installing the image on a microsd card, install my software and =
configurations.
I do not install ports nor kernel source since I do not intend to =
rebuild everything.

Question: using this setup can I re-create the image or like you said =
can I just
then add my own software and configurations (few) on top of the generic =
ARMv8
image (this would probable be the simplest way ?)

Thanks a lot,
Stefan