Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:49:47 -0800
From:      Rem Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
To:        krinklyfig@spymac.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Custom Kernel

   Joshua Tinnin wrote:

On Saturday 27 November 2004 11:27 pm, Rem Roberti [1]<remegius@comcast.net>
wrote:

I sent this message to Joshua back channel, and realized that I should
have also sent it to the group.

Rem

Thanks, Joshua. Here's the requested stuff, starting with the output of
uname -a:

<snip>

Next, the configuration file itself:

#
# GENERIC -- Generic kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/i386

<snip>

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these
NICs!
#device miibus # MII bus support

^^^^

<snip>

device vr # VIA Rhine, Rhine II

<snip>

Finally, the error message:

<snip>

../../../dev/usb/if_aue.c:105:23: miibus_if.h: No such file or directory

OK, you need to uncomment the device miibus line (marked above). It has to be
enabled if you want to enable VIA Rhine support, which you have in your
config.

- jt

   No dice.  I made the change to the file, uncommenting the device
   miibus line, and I receive the same error message.
   Rem