Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:12:15 +1100
From:      "B .Wiggins" <synack@netspace.net.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [SOLVED] cnet compile problem

Hello Brett,

> >        I am currently studying a Data communications and networking
> > subject at Monash University. I am using cnet at home for the labs on my
> > FreeBSD notebook as we are using William Stallings' textbook. There
> > seems to be a problem with the cnet source code. I have emailed the
> > FreeBSD cnet maintainer and they suggested emailing you. Basically the
> > problem is as follows;

All of these errors are "the same" and stem from the fact that your
version of cnet, v2.0.9 I think, was built before the latest versions of
gcc (in FreeBSD and Fedora, among others) became more aggressive about
parameter type checking.

Two simple changes are necessary:

In the cnet header file, cnet.h, change to:

    extern void CNET_exit(const char *filenm, const char *function, int lineno);

and in src/exit.c change to:

    void CNET_exit(const char *filenm, const char *function, int lineno)
    {
    }

I've made these and a few other (overdue) changes in the distribution,
now v2.0.10,  available from from:

	http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/cnet/index.html

Please feel free to distribute this email as widely as you need.
Comments and more bug reports welcome.

--
"If you are new to UNIX, you may be used to clicking something and seeing either an "OK" message, an error, nothing, or (all too often) a pretty blue screen with nifty high-tech letters explaining exactly where the system crashed" - Michael Lucas