Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:58:46 +0600
From:      Eugene Panov <kris@relcom.kz>
To:        Joe Shevland <shevlandj@kpi.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CommAPI

Well , yestersay I have discovered the problem .
It was a foolly problem  , it's shamefull for me to think about :-)

I ran my Java App not with rights of the Super User :-)  , and because I
coudn't get possible values of ports !!!
I'm a C programmer at the past , and thaught that if I'm trying  opening a port
,  port is found , but open() error .... :-)
In JavaComm is a little bit another structure , JavaComm determines whether  or
not port is possible to be opened by a certain user  , and  than says to app ,
that  there's a port on a machine ...

I'm sorry for  distrubing FreeBSD- java with my fool question  :-)

> Just off the top of the head, did you install a shared library in the
> <jdk>/bin directory that came with the JavaComm distribution?
>
> This library file is the shared library that you'll need to get the ports
> enumerated correctly. It must be the JNI side of things. Failing that, got a
> stack trace or its just not reporting that it finds the ports?
>
> HTH,
> Joe

Panov Eugene , RelcomSL Co .|
Email: kris@relcom.kz       |